Some of you may remember that months ago, we set out to install a windmill in our backyard. We have been working a little at a time on preparation. Today, we asked my Dad to come over to help us assemble the tower and test run lifting it up. In the past, this would have been a recipe for disaster. If anything went wrong, Doug would have been so overwhelmed and frustrated that much “yuckiness” would inevitably follow. He eventually stopped asking for help just to avoid the blowup.
But now we are beginning to understand the whys. We are learning about his differently wired brain. We are learning about the problems with his digestive system. He has been taking digestive enzymes every day to help. He knew he would need the help, so we took a deep breath, prayed, and started to work.
We made sure to take time to think things through and work systematically. We got the wire strung through all the poles and took a break for coffee. Then we tried to lift the tower to see how things would go. As Doug carefully lifted the tower with the tractor, the second pole snapped. And NO MELTDOWN! Doug breathed and lowered the pole. Then we began to design a new tower.
Then we praised YHVH for a wonderful victory and a peaceful day!